- Sergio DellaPergola. World Jewish Population, 2019. 1 In: A. Dashefsky and I. Sheskin (eds.), American Jewish Year Book, 2019 (forthcoming).
- Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. 2019.
- Theodor Sasson. 2013. “New Analysis of Pew Data: 5 Children of Intermarriage Increasingly Identify as Jews”. Tablet (November 11).
- Central Bureau of Statistics, Monthly Bulletin of Statistics, May 2019, Table E/2. Immigrants and Immigrating Citizens(2) by Type of Permit – https://old.cbs.gov.il/publications19/yarhon0519/pdf/e2.pdf
- We are grateful to Marina Sheps of the Central Bureau of Statistics for providing us with these figures.
- Central Bureau of Statistics, Statistical Abstract of Israel 2018, Table 3.13.
- Hlehel, 2017.
- Diaspora Jewish community data is not for 2019 but for somewhat earlier years. The frequency with which these figures is updated varies from country to country. We may assume that the aging of the Jewish population has only intensified since the data was published. Accordingly, the adult-population shares displayed here should be regarded as conservative figures – the lowest they could possibly be. It is entirely likely that they are now somewhat higher.
- Central Bureau of Statistics, Statistical Abstract of Israel, 2018, Table 2.10.
- Daniel Staetsky. 2019. “Israel Is Not Small: A Demographic Update”. The Times of Israel (May 1).