The Team Behind JPPI - Dr. Shalom Salomon Wald
Dr. Shalom Salomon Wald
S.Wald was born in 1936 in Milan, Italy. He grew up in Basel, Switzerland where he studied social sciences, history, and history of religions, graduating in 1962 as Ph.D. In 1964 he joined the Paris-based OECD (Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development) where he stayed until his retirement in 2001. His career spanned education, technological innovation, science and technology policy, energy research policy and biotechnology policy. He was Head of the OECD/DSTI Biotechnology Unit. He joined the JPPPI in 2002 and worked on Jewish/Israeli relations with China; science and technology; and the history of Jewish civilization. Currently he reviews India-Israel-Jewish People links.
Three Reports written for JPPPI:
- China and the Jewish People – Old Civilizations in a New Era, Jerusalem 2004.
- “Science and Technology and the Jewish People”, JPPPI Annual Assessment 2005, Jerusalem 2005.
- Jewish Civilization at the Crossroads – Lessons from the History of Rise and Decline, to appear in 2010.
Three Research Papers written outside JPPPI:
- “China and Israel”, Encyclopedia Judaica, Second Edition, ed. Fred Skolnik, Vol. 4, Farmington Hills, 2007.
- “The ‘Confucianisation’ of the Jewish Community of Kaifeng: Jewish and Non-Jewish Historical Perspectives”, The Jews in Asia – Comparative Perspectives, ed. Pan Guang, Center of Jewish Studies Shanghai, The Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, 2007.
- “Chinese Jews in European Thought”, Youtai – Presence and Perception of Jews and Judaism in China, ed. Peter Kupfer, FASK, Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, ed. Peter Lang, Frankfurt am Main, 2008.
Read latest articles of Dr. Shalom Salomon Wald